Immigration Law

Need an Immigration Lawyer 
in Toronto?

At Marani Law,  we offer a comprehensive range of Canadian immigration law services. We cater to individuals moving to Canada and multinational corporations with high volume, fast-paced global mobility needs. We also provide global migration solutions for visitors and business visitors from any country to any country. Whether you require assistance as an individual or a corporation, feel free to call our immigration lawyers in Toronto before you enter Canada or once you arrive.
solutions icon

Corporate Immigration

At Marani Law, we provide strategic advice to employers on a full range of Canadian business immigration matters. Our advice is tailored to your company’s needs so that we can ensure that your employees and their families are working in Canada in an efficient and cost effective manner. Whether you require foreign talent for a short-term project, or you wish to bring on permanent employees, an immigration lawyer will provide advice in all areas of Canadian immigration to assist you with each and every process. Our corporate immigration advice ranges from bringing employees to Canada as business visitors; as temporary foreign workers, on work permits; and/or transitioning them into permanent residents and Citizens in order to retain their talent on an indeterminate basis.

We can also assist your company to ensure that you have comprehensive corporate immigration policies in place – from the recruitment phase, through the hiring process and beyond, so that you can ensure that you remain compliant with Canadian legislation once your foreign workers are here. Since recent changes have been implemented to tighten up the temporary foreign worker program, it is crucial that employers are prepared in case they are called upon for an audit or a compliance review.

If you are a foreign company looking to branch into Canada and you are looking for advice on how to start your business here, look no further. Marani Law can assist with incorporating your company and bringing employees on the ground to start the operations.
solutions icon

Temporary Residence

We offer comprehensive services in temporary immigration legal solutions including advice and counsel for:
  • Temporary Resident Visa - A temporary resident visa allows a foreign national to enter into Canada. If you are from a country which requires a Temporary Resident Visa, you must apply for this document prior to entering Canada.  
  • Work Permits – Work Permits allow a foreign national to enter the Canadian labour market. Work Permits are often employer specific and based on job offers, but some individuals are entitled to open work permits, which allow them to work for any employer for the duration of the permit.
  • Study Permits – Study Permits allow foreign nationals to study in Canada. To be eligible, the foreign national must provide proof of acceptance into an approved institution and evidence of the required funds, amongst other documentation. Some students will be eligible for open work permits upon completion of their studies.
  • Business Visitors – A Business Visitor may be able to enter Canada for business purposes, provided they will not enter the Canadian labour market and will not conduct any work or work related activities. 
  • Visitor Visa – A Visitor Visa allows a foreign national to visit Canada as a tourist. Foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Canada should apply for this document prior to entering Canada. Visitors from countries which are visa exempt may not need to apply for a visitor visa.
  • Super Visas for Parents and Grandparents – The Super Visa is an extended Visitor Visa which is available to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It permits them to visit family in Canada for up to 2 years without having to renew their status. 
  • NAFTA Professionals – The NAFTA professional category is based on the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement and is applicable to certain workers and business people from the United States and Mexico. 
  • Labour Market Impacts Assessments – The Labour Market Impact Assessment is an application by an employer to Service Canada to assess whether or not there is a labour market shortage in the occupation in which they wish to hire a foreign national.  
solutions icon

Permanent Residence

Permanent Residence is extended to individuals interested in immigrating to Canada in a variety of different ways. There are immigration opportunities available both at the federal level as well as provincial level and an Applicant’s options will vary depending on their personal situations, namely their educational and occupational credentials. These programs are constantly being updated for newcomers and it is always recommended that you consult with with an immigration lawyer to see what options best suit your goals and needs. 

In early 2017, the Canadian Government amended the immigration system so that an increased variety of Applicants may obtain permanent residence through economic and family sponsorship programs with faster processing times.

Here are some of the immigration options available to applications:
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Family Class Sponsorship
  • Investors and Entrepreneurs
  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Express Entry
It is important to note that there are more than 60 different programs available for applicants interested in immigrating to Canada and as a result, the legal requirements and application processes will vary according to the program which best suits an Applicant’s needs. If you have certain expected timelines for immigrating to Canada based on your family, personal or business situation, an immigration lawyer may recommend a specific type of immigration program based on your personal goals. For this reason, we recommend you contact our offices for an initial consultation with one of our immigration lawyers. 

For more information on how our immigration lawyers can help with your permanent residence needs – contact Marani Law’s Toronto immigration lawyers by calling 647-351-7795 today.

Additional services icon


A citizen of Canada has a number of privileges that a permanent resident does not have. For example, a citizen will be entitled to a Canadian passport, will be able to run for political office and will be able to vote in elections. In order to obtain citizenship, a permanent must spend a minimum amount of time in Canada and must also meet minimum language requirements and pass a knowledge test.

Convert your IELTS scores to Canadian Language Benchmarks by using this tool 

IELTS score tool
Give us a call today at 647-351-7795
Share by: